Reading from the book entitled Best Aikido. The Fundamentals by Kisshomaru and Moriteru Ueshiba. (2002 p.14-19) - Captured Live on Ustream at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/beauty-and-aikido
Answers to questions like:
- Why are there no contests in aikido?
- Will aikido make me strong?
- Is physical condition such as weight training necessary for aikido?
- What is the nature of ki in aikido? Is it the same as chi employed in Chinese martial arts?
- When I watch people practicing aikido they seem to spin around like tops. Can such a movement really be efficient as a martial art technique?
- During aikido training how much should we resist against the application of a technique?
- Isn't it a problem to remember so many techniques? (for more about aikido terms check out my two other blog posts The Aikido Effect and to have just a bit of fun Basic Terms you Need to Know to Survive Aikido
- What is the aikido approach to etiquette? (for more about dojo ettiquette here)
- What is the most important relation between aikido training and everyday life?